I think Writers-Network.com should...

Open call

Dear colleagues from The Fence:

I write you to present our Artist Residency in Barcelona city (Catalonia, Spain) called Jiwar Creation & Society www.jiwarbarcelona.com and its Open Call for a Writing Residence 2015 (March-April). The project’s concept is inspired in the Jiwar tradition, translated as neighbourhood. Jiwar refers to the art of establishing a creative and sustainable relationship between neighbours.

Now we are working in our writers program for March and April 2016, we hope you can be interested. This is a project based in Saint George’s Day, Catalan celebration that has a special meaning. Roses have been associated with this day since medieval times, but the giving of books is a more recent tradition originating in 1923, when a bookseller started to promote the holiday as a way to commemorate the nearly simultaneous deaths of Miguel Cervantes and William Shakespeare on 23 April 1616.

Jiwar contributes to the Celebration by hosting up to three writers form different countries and different writing forms. All writing forms are invited: novel, poetry, short story, translators and journalists.

The writers will share the Jiwar residence space, exchanging between them. In the mean time, Jiwar staff will organise a serie of meetings and activities around writing:

– Visits of relevant Catalan Cultural institutions as Institució de les lletres Catalanes, L’Ateneu Barcelonès, PEN Club Català.

– A public reading. Writers are invited to read samples of their work.

– Meet with evenings. Diner with Barcelona writers and publishers.

We would like that you can give us a hand spreading our open call. It could be possible to be visible in your website or Facebook page? Finally I send all the related information:http://jiwarbarcelona.com/open-call-writing-residence-march-april-2015/

Thank you very much for your kind attention and time.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Violeta Ospina
Jiwar staff

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google