I think Writers-Network.com should...

Look into SPACING.

On this new format I have seen a recent posting of "DOWN SIZING/DOWN GRADING" broken up by too much spaces. The only way is to delete the poem and start again. Can it be corrected?

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    elaine yap shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Galacticbeam commented  · 

I can no longer access this site to post my poems. What happened
        Galacticbeam
        Sai Grafio

• AdminSupport (W-N Team, Writers-Network.com) commented  · 

We've noticed that the spacing issue arises when trying to copy/paste your writing from a rich text editor (such as Word). To avoid this, please try pasting it into a plain text editor (such as Notepad) first. This will remove any formatting or additional spaces.

As for the editing function, it is still there and always will be. Simply click the "Profile" drop down button at the top right of your Dash, and then click on 'Manage Portfolio':
        http://www.writers-network.com/manage_portfolio

• robertquinn36 commented  · 

Where is the editing function gone? My first post in the new format was a rude surprise and there are no choices anymore..you call this improvement?

• Galacticbeam commented  · 

I single space and the posting doubles or triple. Also my entire poem is squeezed into a narrow column screwing up the poem and the spacing I will not post any more poems until this is corrected.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Whenever I post a chapter there are spaces and gaps between paragraphs and/or anything in quotations. I have to waste a lot of time editting before I can post it. And speaking of edit the edit function cannot be found. Becuae I could not edit something that I needed to I had to waste points adding it all over again. I also received an email that I had a private message on wrtiters network, but the function to click cannot be found anymore, and while trying to find it on my profile page I accidentally added myself as a fan and I cannot change it. Speaking of Profile and account I cannot select iether. It is as though they do not work. The only way I can even get to my profile page is to find something I have posted and click on the author's name as though I am a visitor. It is most frustrating.

• Spellwright commented  · 

Can you be more specific about the issue you're having? I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you saying that the site is putting spaces between the lines of your poems that you don't insert? Or is it something different?

Feedback and Knowledge Base