I think Writers-Network.com should...

improve private messaging

How important is the private messaging feature to you? Do you think we need to improve it with new features such as: allowing you to create folders to 'save' your messages in, or providing an outbox folder for you to review your 'sent' messages, or maybe even listing your new messages in bold. We want to know what you think. ~b

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminSupport (W-N Team, Writers-Network.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I am not knowing how to get to messages that I am notified I have from here on my home e mail page. Valentine

• Anonymous commented  · 

LISTING MESSAGES IN BOLD WOULD BE GREAT!!!

• Lara commented  · 

It's a no brainer to have an outbox. Why there isn't one makes no sense. I've never seen a website that doesn't allow you to see the messages you've sent. As a result I missed several responses from people because the our private message center is unclear and blends on with everything else.

I appreciate WN trying to improve, but I've been on this site for a long time and it was user friendly - now it's just a hot mess for viewing anything.

Additionally, there are too many people on here that do not know how to review poetry, etc. "I liked it." is not a review, kids.

How about a feature to let the author delete reviews from imbeciles that write this this way? Take their points away from them, too.

• ManyRivers commented  · 

I vote for all three. : ) Also, I was just thinking today that it would be nice to have a search bar that could lead people to the artist's page. or a search that's not just for the writing, but the writer. : )

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have a private message and do not know where it is to be found! Valentine

• Jewel Adams commented  · 

I can't figure out how to get my private messages. It says go to the "members area" and click on "my private messages" but I do not see a button for that. It just takes me to my profile editing area. Help please.

• Spellwright commented  · 

My biggest "needs" for the PM features are to be able to go back and read sent messages, as well as to be able to see which messages are read or unread.

• John Creekmore commented  · 

I hope the e-mail comments have not been discontinued permanently. Much of the enjoyment of the site comes from comments between writers.

• WakeTheMoon commented  · 

provide a sent file, not necessary to have folders

• ManyRivers commented  · 

All of those suggestions sound great. It is very helpful to be able to save your sent messages and also to have new messages in bold. I like that alot. : )

Feedback and Knowledge Base